The University of Wisconsin-Stout Library is recruiting a temporary Academic Librarian position. Reporting to the Head of Public Services, this position has primary responsibility for staffing, promoting, and evaluating the services and resources of the UW-Stout Library’s Educational Materials Center (EMC). The EMC is a resource center supporting the university’s PK-12 education and other related programs. This position also participates in staffing the library reference desk and providing information literacy instruction.
This is a one academic year appointment, with the possibility of an additional year contract based on departmental needs. Individuals who do not meet the preferred requirements should address in their cover letter how their unique skills and experience will make them a successful candidate for this position.
- ALA accredited master’s degree in Library/Information Science or experience working in libraries
- Bachelor’s degree in education-related field or experience in PK-12 educational system.
- Training or experience in collection development.
- Knowledge of and ability to provide reference services.
- Knowledge and experience in integrated library systems, databases and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to prioritized and organize workload effectively.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Anticipated start date: Sep 9, 2019
For more information, and to apply: