Resources for Disaster Planning, Recovery, and Community Resilience
- New Jersey State Library’s Resources for Disaster Planning This is an excellent resource, with a 2021 Librarian Guidebook for Disaster Planning and Community Resilience available in various formats, along with a workbook, presentations, and links to other relevant resources. Start here!
- American Library Association’s LibGuide for Disaster Preparedness and Response
- 2018 Webjunction webinar: From Facilities to Trauma: Disaster Planning and Community Resilience at Your Library with Michelle Strickland from the New Jersey State Library.
- The Resilient Organization: A Guide for Disaster Planning and Recovery (2012) A Webjunction link that will connect you to a PDF and Word version of a 75 page document developed by TechSoup in 2012, as well as worksheets to use as you make your plan.
- Disaster Recovery and Planning for Libraries: Writing a Disaster Plan (includes a template) New York’s South Central Regional Library Council created this resource.