Step Up for Your Library
Tell your state or local elected officials why you’re thankful for how your library helped you in 2020. Speaking up for your libraries makes a powerful difference in your community!
It’s Easy to Step Up:
- Step 1: Pick up one or more postcards from your library. (You can also send an email).
- Step 2: Find the contact information for your elected officials. (We suggest sending one to your state senator, state representative, and county supervisors.)
- Step 3: Write a few sentences on the postcard (or in the email) about why you’re thankful for your library.
- Step 4: Include your name and address. Don’t forget to include the name of your library at the top!
- Step 5: Send your postcard or email to your elected officials.
Not sure what to write?
“I am thankful for my library because…” or “The library helped me in 2020 by…” are great ways to start. Even one sentence makes a difference!
Questions? Need additional help? Contact us anytime. Thank you!