POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. The Wilberg Memorial Public Library of Osceola (formerly the Osceola Public Library) is in search of passionate and organized candidates with excellent customer service skills for the position of Library Assistant. Library Assistants are responsible for sorting and shelving books according to their categorization, assisting customers with internet access and ensuring their technical needs are met. They also manage inquiries over the counter via email or telephone, among other duties.
Library Assistant Responsibilities:
- Helping patrons locate materials
on siteand online.
- Checking books in and out at the front desk.
- Sorting and shelving books according to their categorization.
- Registering new patrons and maintaining and updating patron records.
- Assisting patrons with internet access and ensuring their technical needs are met.
- Organizing the repair of
- Inspecting the condition of books before and after checkout.
- Managing inquiries over the counter and via email or telephone.
- Assisting with library events and programs.
- Managing the payments of fees and fines.
- Settling disruptions or disturbances in the library.
- Working closely with coworkers to create a welcoming environment.
- Treating each patron with respect and kindness.
- High school diploma
- Excellent computer and technology skills
- Experience in a customer service role
- Attention to detail and good
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
This position is
Applications are available at the library or you can email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.