IFLS is sponsoring a few scholarships to the Wisconsin Library Association Annual Conference, coming up in LaCrosse October 23-26. The conference is a tremendous opportunity to see and hear what colleagues around the state are doing, hear from dynamic and exciting keynote speakers, get to know new library friends, spend some time with your friends and colleagues from IFLS-land, and check out exhibitors from around the country (and get free swag!). Unfortunately, it is out of reach financially for many people who would like to attend because it is simply not in the library’s budget. Apply by August 16 for your chance to attend the conference!
Here is how the scholarships will work:
- Directors, staff and board members are all eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- IFLS will pay up to $650 for registration, hotel, travel expenses and meals.
- Note: this will not cover all expenses, but will cover registration at the member rate, 3 nights in the conference hotel, and about $60 to help you join WLA, or to help defray travel and/or meal costs if you are already a member.
- If you are willing to share a hotel room, IFLS will pay up to $500, which allows about $115 for membership and/or travel or meals if you are already a member.
- IFLS prefers to reimburse after receiving receipts, but we can work with you to make other arrangements if necessary.
- Scholarship applications are due August 16 and we will let applicants know of their status by August 30.
- All scholarship recipients will be required to share about their experiences, either through a webinar, in-person presentation, or writing an article for an IFLS blog or newsletter.
- Scholarship applications will be judged on the following:
- If attending the conference would be a new or infrequent experience for the applicant (so someone who has attended multiple times in the past may have a smaller chance of receiving a scholarship)
- Willingness to participate in sharing information through a variety of methods
- Confirmation of permission of board or supervisor for attending
- Reasons for wanting to attend, as articulated in the application
- We’d love to send people from a range of geographic regions and positions!
Questions? Contact Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-321 5427 ext. 114