The IFLS Library System is seeking a self-starter, service-oriented and collaborative individual to join our dedicated and friendly team as our new Resource Sharing and Collection Consultant. IFLS staff and our partner libraries collaborate to provide outstanding, engaged, and inclusive services that contribute to informed, connected and literate communities. The ideal candidate will reflect our mission to inspire and facilitate library success by providing member libraries with the tools to serve, empower and lead their communities.
- Providing training, awareness, purchasing, and day-to-day support for statewide/system/MORE electronic materials which includes OverDrive Advantage Selection.
- Providing training, awareness, purchasing, and day-to-day support for databases.
- Consulting with member libraries on collection development/maintenance and other collection management.
- Consulting with area librarians regarding their resource sharing policies, procedures and services.
- Providing interlibrary loan, electronic resources, and delivery training to area librarians.
- Planning and implementing the long-range plan for resource sharing including delivery.
- Assisting the Public Services Consultant in the administration and evaluation of the delivery service, and the preparation & monitoring of the budgets for the electronic resources, resource sharing, and delivery services.
- Handling the Help Desk tickets related to electronic resources and resource sharing.
Please see the job description for additional information.
Required: Either a Bachelor’s Degree plus three years of progressively responsible library experience or a Master’s Degree in Library Sciences from an accredited college or university.
Hours and wages
Schedule will include 35 hours (full-time) per week with flexible work hours to meet the needs of our libraries. Wage starts at $20 an hour depending on qualifications. An excellent benefit package is available. IFLS offers a flexible and supportive work environment.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with the names of 3-5 references to John Thompson at thompson.ifls.lib.wi.us The deadline to apply is January 21, 2022.
The IFLS Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.