The Association for Library Service to Children’s Library Service to Underserved Children and Caregivers committee has created some practical toolkits, chock-full of resources for helping libraries serve everyone. Wow! Here’s a run-down of the current toolkits.
- Children with Print Disabilities
- Autism and Sensory Processing Disorders
- Access to Technology/Internet Inequity
- Financial Instability and Homelessness
- Spanish-Speaking Populations
The committee is doing lots of great work, including several blog posts on the ALSC blog about how to manage being overwhelmed by various aspects of library service, particularly with regards to underserved children and caregivers. Check out the round-up here!