The IFLS Library System is seeking a self-starter, service-oriented and collaborative individual to join our dedicated and friendly team as our new Technology Support Consultant. This unique position will be shared by the IFLS Library System, Northern Waters Library Service, and the Wisconsin Valley Library Service as part of our LEAN WI collaboration.
IFLS and our partner systems and libraries collaborate to provide outstanding, engaged, and inclusive services that contribute to informed, connected and literate communities.
- Provide help/consulting/training in the following areas:
- Create, design, redesign member library websites using a Standard WordPress website using the Divi theme
- Assist libraries with enhancing their website features and functionality
- Act as a resource for libraries developing, implementing, and maintaining digitization projects
- Use of Data/statistics in library planning, marketing, and advocacy projects (Desired)
- Work with LEAN WI technology staff and library system staff to actively support our member libraries and enhance our collaborative activities.
Please see the job description for additional information.
Education and Experience Requirements
Required: Either an Associate’s Degree in Graphic Design, Digital Marketing, or other related field plus 1-3 years of website development experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Digital Marketing, or related fields. Demonstrated experience with the Standard WordPress website. Should have excellent customer service skills.
Desired: Course work in Library and Information Science and/or experience working with public libraries or other nonprofit organizations. Knowledge of the Experience scanning physical resources, processing images, and metadata creation is a plus.
Hours and wages
Schedule will include 40 hours (full-time) per week with flexible work hours to meet the needs of our libraries. Wage starts at $22 an hour depending on qualifications. An excellent benefit package is available. A hybrid work environment is possible for this position but travel within the region/state is required.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with the names of 3-5 professional references to John Thompson at thompson.ifls.lib.wi.us. The deadline to apply is October 27, 2023.
The IFLS Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.