The Weekly Digest is taking a couple weeks off. See you on August 27th!
Don’t Miss This!
Wisconsin Trustee Training Week, August 23-27, 12-1 pm each day
Five days of webinars with content specifically designed for library trustees (though directors are welcome to attend as well!). All sessions will be recorded and captioned for later viewing. It is free to participate! For all the information, visit the Trustee Training Week website. In a nutshell, here’s what to expect and how to register for each session. Each session runs from 12-1 pm:
- Monday, August 23: Wisconsin Library Ecosystem (Looking at how Wisconsin libraries work together at a state, system, and local level) Register here. (featuring IFLS Director John Thompson as a panelist!)
- Tuesday, August 24: Departures and Arrivals: Transitions and Succession Planning Register here.
- Wednesday, August 25: Self-Awareness for Social Justice Ally-ship Register here.
- Thursday, August 26: Library Ethics 101: What Would You Do? Register here.
- Friday, August 27: Trustee Leadership: Bringing It All Together Register here
Communities for Immunity
The Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC), the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Alliance of Museums (AAM), the American Library Association (ALA), and the Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) today announced the launch of Communities for Immunity, an unprecedented partnership to boost COVID-19 vaccine confidence in communities across the United States. Read the whole press release on the ASTC website.
That’s it for now! Have a great weekend.