The WiLS Ideas to Action Fund provides grants of up to $5000 so libraries and cultural organizations can bring their project ideas to life. The 2021 application period is open through June 28th!
In 2021, WILS is especially interested in proposals that:
- Reach overlooked or underserved populations.
- May be small but mighty. While $5,000 is the maximum award amount, there is no minimum request. Sometimes just a small amount of funds are needed to test out a new idea!
- Support projects in areas of the state that the Fund hasn’t previously reached, including the Northwoods and the southwest.
- Support projects from a wide range of member organizations, including academic, K-12, tribal, and special libraries, as well as museums and historical societies.
Read more about the program, eligibility, selection criteria, and how to apply on the WiLS Ideas to Action Fund website. You can also read about the Ideas to Action projects funded since 2018 for examples or inspiration. Questions? Want to run an idea by them? Contact at email@example.com!
Trustee Training Week registration is open
Wisconsin Trustee Training Week is set for August 23-27. Sponsored by all 16 public library systems, the annual Trustee Training Week offers a one-hour webinar each day of the week on a topic of interest to public library trustees and administrators.
The line-up of presenters this year includes: Shannon Schulz, John Thompson, Jennifer Thiele, Kathy Hall, Kate Parker, Stef Morrill, Patty Collins, Gail Santy, Maribeth Shafer, Melissa McLimans and more. Presentation topics range from succession planning to ethics to leadership.
The webinars will be recorded and archived. Trustee Training Week is supported by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI), Public Library Development Team, with funding support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Website: Operations survey spreadsheet fixed
The spreadsheet was corrupted. It’s fixed now, and reflects the latest survey (5/13). There are additional checkboxes for Summer Library Program to fill in if you’d like to share how you’re providing summer programs. Sorry for the glitch.
Coming up: IFLS and beyond
- Webmaster Office Hours – Tue Jun 8th 1:00pm – 3:00pm Find all office hours and links to attend here.
- June 11th at 1:00 pm – WiLSWorld Shorts: The Wisconsin Latinx History Collective
- Fri Jun 11th – 9th Annual Lake Superior Libraries Symposium Registration is limited.
- June 11 at 10am – MORE Budget Hearing and Executive Committee meeting. Meeting materials
- July 16 at 10am – MORE Directors Council meeting, including 2022 MORE Budget approval
- June 16 from 1-2:30 pm – Meet Your Partners webinar/workshop training for job seeker resources. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.