Where’s the Money?
Ideas to Action Fund Application Period Open
The application period is open for WiLS 2022 Ideas to Action Fund. The WiLS Ideas to Action Fund provides grants of up to $5,000, so all types of libraries can bring their project ideas to life. The Fund encourages partnerships and collaborations among WiLS members and with community partners, supports innovative and exploratory new work within the Wisconsin library community, and seeds the development of processes, methods, or resources that can be used by other libraries and cultural organizations.
Proposals can be submitted through June 6. Awards will be announced in September 2022 and funds will be distributed soon after.
Resources and Opportunities
COLAND Seeks Applicants
Three openings are available beginning in July on COLAND and YOU could be appointed to fill one of them.Two are professional member openings (for people currently working in libraries) and the third is for a public member.The Council meets every other month at host libraries and school districts throughout the state. Through the pandemic, meetings have been held virtually, but are beginning to return to in-person meetings. Appointments to COLAND are for three years.
For more information about COLAND go to this site – https://dpi.wi.gov/coland
You can go here to APPLY: https://evers.wi.gov/Pages/Application_Process.aspx
(Choose “Application” under Boards & Commissions)
Events Coming Up
Lake Superior Libraries Symposium registration open
Registration for the tenth Lake Superior Libraries Symposium is now open! LSLS22: Thrive will be held virtually on Friday, June 10th, 2022. Library staff, administrators, trustees, and students from the Upper Midwest and beyond are invited to attend and participate. Registration is $20. Register today!
- May 23 at 1p – Vendor demo on Niche Academy (Will be recorded for later access; see below) Live demo link
- May 24th 2:30pm – 3:30pmInformational Meeting with Chippewa Valley Museum
Library staff serving any age are invited to a virtual informational meeting with the Chippewa Valley Museum about resources and collaboration opportunities. Contact Leah or Katelyn for information to join the meeting.
- Wed Jun 8th 2:00pm – 3:00pm, Youth Services Check-In
- June 17 at 10a – MORE Budget Hearing and Executive Committee meeting
New on the Website
- Challenge Support and Intellectual Freedom Resources
- The Continuing Education page has been redesigned. This includes a statewide calendar that is hosted by the DPI. You can customize how you view this calendar with the dropdown arrow toward the right on the top menu.
- Reb is still looking for beta testers for the IFLS website redesign. This won’t take a lot of time, you’ll get some tasks to do on the current website, and then the redesign. You’ll report how you accomplish the task and rate how successful you are.
That’s all I’ve got for this week. Have a great weekend!