Leah peeked at the Volume One Best of the Chippewa Valley results, and found a lot of library love!
- First and third place for Best New Product or Service (LEPMPL and Altoona for curbside service)
- Third place for Best Pandemic Pivot (LEPMPL online storytimes)
- Third for Organization MVP for COVID (LEPMPL—after Public Health Department and Mayo Clinic!)
- Public Libraries got second place as the Most Underrated in the Chippewa Valley
There might be more!
Barron Public Library is proud to be chosen to be part of Libraries Transforming Communities: Focus on Small and Rural Libraries, an American Library Association initiative that helps library workers better serve their small and rural communities.
You can apply for the Libraries Transforming Communities grant
Learn more and apply online by March 4.
In Case You’re Still Having FB stats trouble, from Meagan in Bloomer
Tue Feb 9th 1:00pm – 3:00pm, contact Leah for a Zoom link.)
Promote the Chippewa Valley Book Fest: It’s Virtual
Library Journal Marketing Survey: Respond by Feb 22
Library Journal is conducting a study to learn more about how public libraries promote their programs, services, resources, and general brand to their communities. All respondents completing the survey will be eligible to receive a summary of the overall results AND be entered into a drawing to win a $100 Visa electronic gift card!
Take the survey (estimated to take 8 minutes or less)
Newsflashes is now The News from IFLS
It’s focused on info for trustees, Friends Groups, funders and library fans. Here’s the subscription list. Share freely! http://eepurl.com/dMOtww
Want to include something in the March News? Send pictures and news to Reb at email@example.com.
New and Coming Soon
Webinars and Virtual
- Annual Report Office Hours: Tue Feb 9th 1:00pm – 3:00pm (Contact Leah for a zoom link).
- Using Labor Market Indicator Tools webinar: Learn how library staff can help patrons improve their job search strategies using the Job Center of Wisconsin Labor Market Indicator tools.
- February 10 from 2 – 3 p.m. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8940923305326286608
- February 12 from 10 – 11 a.m. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/83255432939642128
- Webmaster Office Hours, Tue Feb 9th 1:00pm – 3:00pm. Beginning in 2021, webmasters or a representative must attend 6 out of 24 office hour opportunities. Find all office hours and links to attend here. Mark your calendars for 2nd Tuesdays 1-3pm and 3rd Thursdays 1-3pm each month.
New on the Website
- Step Up for Your Library public facing page. Feel free to link to this, or better yet, put a page on your website (Contact Anne for details.)
- New dropdown menu for IFLS Member Library resources, so you don’t lose some of the important info on that page. Content hasn’t changed, just the menu format.