Library Legislative Day Deadline is TODAY
This year all legislator visits will be virtual, held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, February 16-18. This lets more of you meet your legislators and tell your stories of how libraries have stayed open and adapted during the last year: we’re more important than ever!
Legislative day kicks off Tuesday, Feb 16, with a 9 a.m. briefing that gives you information on how to best tell your story. Then, Tuesday afternoon through Thursday you’ll virtually meet you’ll be scheduled to meet your legislator for a half hour. WLA will coordinate all meetings and send you information on how to connect with your legislator.
This is our chance to let legislators know how we’ve adapted and responded to our community needs during the pandemic—how we safely and effectively pivoted. More than ever, state support for libraries directly helps communities survive and thrive—we need to tell legislators how we’re helping people now, thanks to state and local support.
Registration is open here.
Libraries Step Up postcard campaign
We want to counter the misperception that libraries have been closed during the pandemic. A great way to do that is to encourage community members to send a postcard to their elected officials.
- Postcards and posters are on the way to each library.
- Your Libraries Step Up toolkit is on the website Marketing page. Even if you don’t have a lot of time, display the poster and postcards in an accessible area. If you’d like to really ramp it up, check out the “Deep Dive” toolkit.
- As always, putting YOUR library’s photos in these pieces is better, but they’re fine as-is if you don’t have time. Feel free to share IFLS Facebook posts.
- If you’d like this on your website, contact Anne. The public facing page looks like this.
- We’ll be doing additional pushes on this campaign throughout listening session this spring and again in the fall for local funding cycles. Let’s start strong and get the word out there!
Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference is NEXT WEEK!
WWWW was virtual before virtual was trendy. Have you checked out these amazing options? There’s something for everybody.
Annual Report Webinar and Office Hours: Help Is Here
Feb 1 is the webinar, and office hours are on the 3rd and 9th. John and Juli will walk you through it. Won’t it be great to have that one checked off your list? Registration info is on the IFLS calendar.
LAWDS webinar two days
Learn how library staff can help patrons improve their job search strategies using the Job Center of Wisconsin Labor Market Indicator tools. More info in the IFLS calendar. The sessions are open to library staff and staff of LAWDS partners.
- February 10 from 2 – 3 p.m. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8940923305326286608
- February 12 from 10 – 11 a.m. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/83255432939642128