A Wealth of Scholarships: Deadline Sep 21
This is your chance to get to a conference! IFLS has federal funding for four opportunities (if funding allows, we will announce further opportunities in the spring).
Each event has a different information sheet and a different application, and you can apply for as many as you want! We will be trying to provide scholarships to as many qualified applications as possible, and will prioritize sending a wide range of individuals. If you apply for more than one scholarship and would like to prioritize their importance to you, please contact Leah (email@example.com). All applications are due September 21. IFLS will notify applicants of results by September 23.
Check the IFLS website calendar for details and links! IFLS is able to offer these scholarships thanks to LSTA grant funds shared with systems for this purpose by the Division for Libraries and Technology.
Registration is Open WLA 2021
Don’t forget to consider applying for a full scholarship from IFLS to attend the Wisconsin Library Association Conference (in person in Green Bay, November 14-18) or three other virtual conferences coming up this fall.
Go to https://wla.memberclicks.net/wla-annual-conference to register online or download the pdf form. Register soon to take advantage of the early and advance registration discounts! Dates to remember:
- Now thru October 25, 2021 – Early registration open
- October 26 – November 1, 2021 – Advance registration open
- Starting November 2, 2021 – Onsite registration at the conference only
Next Week is Tech Days!
Need technology hours for certification? Need inspiration about the intersection of libraries and technology? Next week is Tech Days—four webinars with technology experts from around the country, plus some home-grown Canva help during the lunch hour! More information and registration is available on the Tech Days website. Sponsored by all 16 library systems plus DPI!
- Digital First: All Library Planning Starts with Digital – 10am on Wednesday, Sep 15
- Canva Demo and Q&A – Noon on Wednesday, Sep 15
- Free Online Tools to Increase Your Workflow & Productivity – 1pm on Wednesday, Sep 15
- Video Production: Tools, Tips and Tricks – 10am on Thursday, Sep 16
- Canva Demo and Q&A – Noon on Thursday, Sep 16
- Emerging Tech Trends for 2021 and Beyond – 1pm on Thursday, Sep 16
Coming Up at IFLS and Beyond
On the IFLS Calendar
- Sep 14: Freading app update
- Sep 14 & 16: Webmaster Office Hours
- Sep 15 & 16: Tech Days
- Sep 17: MORE Directors Council meeting
- Sep 20: Sierra upgrade
- Sep 22: IFLS Board of Trustees meeting
- Sep 22: Deadline to submit library location information for MORE’s forthcoming app (see message sent to directors from Lori on Sep 9)
- Sep 23 and Sep 29: Looking for help with human resources? Join a virtual round-table discussion with HR expert Mabel Gehrett to learn from her and from each other! Complete information is on the IFLS calendar.
- Sep 30: The Actively Anti-Racist Service to Leisure Readers resources include two recorded webinars with Becky Spratford and Robin Bradford, along with a final live virtual discussion where you can get your questions addressed by the presenters. Lots more details and registration link here! These sessions are sponsored by all 16 public library systems in Wisconsin.
Other Events of Interest
- Go to the NEWI list of free webinars to find online continuing education opportunities around the state that you may attend from where you are.
- Transparent Language is hosting an online challenge for all of September. There are prizes.
New on the Website
Anne’s contact info has changed. Please update your records with this number: 715-261-7255.