Milltown Public Library is hiring a Youth and Adult Services Librarian.
- developing and participating in programs for children ages 0 -18 and their families
- selecting material for and maintaining the children’s and teen collections
- creating adult programming events both virtual and on-site
- providing customer service
- assisting with technology for people of all ages
- collaborating with the local school to coordinate events and activities
Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Knowledge of children’s literature and child development
- Knowledge of library skills and operations
- Plan, develop and execute programming for children and adults
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving
- Troubleshoot technology with patrons using the libraries’ equipment such as computers, copy machine as well as the patron’s phone, iPad, etc.
- Update and create web site & Facebook pages
- Create marketing materials including posters, flyers and newspaper articles
- Front desk responsibilities include checking in & out materials, registering patrons, collecting fines, answering questions, etc.
- Shelve library materials as needed
- Create library displays. Choose material for displays & create marketing piece to advertise the display.
- General office experience
This position is for 29 hours per week with rotating Saturdays once a month in the library building. Wage is $14 – $15 per hour. Bending/twisting and reaching is required as well as the ability to lift and carry 30 pounds or more. This position reports to the Library Director.
- Flexible in scheduling hours.
- Creative, enthusiastic and team oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Communicate effectively ideas and information in written and verbal form
- BA in Library Science, Education, Early Learning or similar degree
- Prior service with a library system
- Experience working with children & adult programming
- Proficient with web site design & social media
Email Director at firstname.lastname@example.org