The Luck Public Library seeks an energetic librarian to lead its programming and services to children and young adults.
Description: As the Youth & Adult Services Librarian you will develop and participate in programs for children ages 0 to 18 and their families, and help create virtual and on-site programming for adults. You will be expected to select material for and maintain the children’s and teen collections, and assist with technology for people of all ages. You will collaborate with the local school to coordinate events and activities, shelve library materials as needed, staff the front desk as needed to check in & out materials, register patrons, collect fines, answer questions, etc.
Knowledge and Abilities
- children’s literature and child development
- library skills and operations
- Toubleshoot technology with patrons
- Update and create web site & Facebook pages
- Create marketing materials including posters, flyers and newspaper articles
- Create library displays, brochures and posters. Choose material for displays & create marketing piece to advertise the display.
- Interact and engage with parents and children of all ages and abilities
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving
- Flexible in scheduling hours.
- Creative, enthusiastic and team oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including excellent customer service
- Communicate effectively ideas and information in written and verbal form
- BA in Library Science, Education, Early Learning or similar degree preferred
- Prior service with a library system
- Experience working with children & adult programming
- Proficient with web site design & social media
Review of candidate materials and first preference will be given to applications received by June 26th, 2022.
This position is for 30 hours per week including Saturdays. Salary is determined by the library board.
For a complete job description or inquiries please contact Jill Glover at Luck Library. 715-472-2770. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references via email to email@example.com or mail to: Jill Glover, Director, Luck Public Library, Po Box 500, Luck, WI 54853. Review of candidate materials and first preference will be given to resumes received by August 5, 2022.