Description: As the Youth & Adult Services Librarian you will develop and participate in programs for children ages 0 to 18 and their families, and create virtual and on-site programming for adults. You will be expected to select material for and maintain the children’s and teen collections, and assist with technology for people of all ages. You will collaborate with the local school to coordinate events and activities, shelve library materials as needed, staff the front desk as needed to check in & out materials, register patrons, collect fines, answer questions, etc.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of:
- children’s literature and child development
- library skills and operations
- Ability to:
- Toubleshoot technology with patrons
- Update and create web site & Facebook pages
- Create marketing materials including posters, flyers and newspaper articles
- Create library displays. Choose material for displays & create marketing piece to advertise the display.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving
- Flexible in scheduling hours.
- Creative, enthusiastic and team oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including excellent customer service
- Communicate effectively ideas and information in written and verbal form
- BA in Library Science, Education, Early Learning or similar degree preferred
- Prior service with a library system
- Experience working with children & adult programming
- Proficient with web site design & social media
You’ll work onsite at the existing library premise. Bending/twisting and reaching is required as well as the ability to lift and carry 30 pounds or more. This position reports to the Library Director.
This position is for 29 hours per week with rotating Saturdays once a month. Salary is $14.00/hour. Email Director at firstname.lastname@example.org