Thanks to Maureen for passing information about this worthwhile and interesting learning opportunity! If your summer is less busy than you planned, maybe this Institute would be worth looking into!
24th Annual Wisconsin American Indian Studies Summer Institute
Dates: Monday, July 27, 2020 – 9:00 a.m. to Friday, July 31, 2020 – 12:00 p.m.
Location: Zoom Video Conferencing (Online)
About the Summer Institute
The annual Wisconsin American Indian Studies Summer Institute is an active, highly participatory, week-long workshop designed to increase participants’ understanding of issues related to the history, culture, and tribal sovereignty of the American Indian nations and tribal communities in Wisconsin.
The goals of the summer institute relate to both American Indian Studies and the education of Native American students. The summer institute aims to improve teaching and learning and to enrich student services, resulting in becoming more culturally responsive. Participants will learn how to adapt or develop new techniques best suited to their unique circumstances.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with a personal or professional interest in American Indian Studies and/or Native American education is welcome to attend. Past participants of previous summer institutes have included the following:
- District Administrators and Principals
- Classroom Teachers
- Curriculum Specialists, Directors of Instruction, and Library Media Specialists
- School Counselors, Social Workers, and Psychologists
- Cooperative Educational Service Agencies (CESAs) Administrators and Staff
- Tribal, Community, and School Liaison’s (Home-School/Title VI/Johnson O’Malley Coordinators and Staff)
- Tribal Education Directors and Staff
- Head Start and Preschool Staff
- College and University (especially Schools of Education) Students, Faculty, and Staff
***Any others with an interest in American Indian Studies and education of Native American students.
Registration: Register at myQuickReg
- Initial Early Bird:$100 per person if registered by Friday, June 5, 2020
- Early Bird:$125 per person if registered by Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Regular:$150 per person if registered by Monday, July 20, 2020
- Onsite:$200 per person for post-deadline registration
- Discounted group rates are also available. Contact Judy Ross at email@example.com if you have three or more people registering from the same district or organization to receive the discount code. Invoicing will be adjusted at completion of the event.
Questions: Contact David O’Connor, American Indian Studies Consultant, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 267-2283 for questions about the summer institute programming.
Contact Judy Ross, Program Assistant III, CESA #12 at email@example.com or 715-685-1837 for assistance or issues with registration.